· TORTA DI NOCCIOLE & MASCARPONE ·
Biscuit with hazelnuts:
- 200 g of hazelnuts from Piedmont finely chopped
- 100 g of bread-crumb made with toasts of wheat or spelt
- 1 small glass of rum
- 1 small bag of baking powder
- 6 eggs
- 275 g of sugar
- 500 g of Mascarpone - 1 tablet dark chocolate 85 % - 2 tablespoons of Marsala / almond - 2 tablespoons of espresso
Wet bread-crumb with rum, baking powder.
Separate egg white to egg yolk.
In a bowl, whip the egg yolk with 200 g of sugar until obtain a foam texture.
On another bowl, beat the egg whites to form stiff peaks with the rest of sugar and a pinch of salt.
To preheat the oven at 180 °. Butter and flour the cake pan (diameter 24cm).
Incorporate hazelnuts and bread-crumb into egg yolks, using the spatula and with a circular movement. Add delicately the whites.
Having obtained a homogeneous mixture, fill in the cake pan and put it in the oven for 30 minutes of cooking. Let getting colder the biscuit completely before turning out and cut it in 2 parts of similar thickness.
Prepare the Mascarpone cream by mixing it with the molten chocolate, and add the coffee and Marsala. Spread in the middle then cover the biscuit.
Put it during 4 hours in the fridge. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.